Straight from CEO Philip Schucet:
More details below the fold
Light Rail is almost here!!
- Opening Weekend (Friday, Saturday, Sunday August 19th – 21st): Rides are FREE
- Starting Monday, August 22nd: Regular Fare is charged
- How much is Light Rail?
- A ride on The Tide Light Rail costs $1.50. An All-Day Pass costs $3.50. All-Day Passes are valid on ALL HRT Services (MAX: Simply pay $1.50 to cover the difference in fare). MAX Pass Holders: Tide Light Rail is at no additional charge. For more information, including discounts for youth, seniors (age 60 and above), as well as Persons with Disabilities, visit RideTheTide.com.
- Light Rail doesn’t go anywhere!?!?!?!
- The Tide Light Rail is a Starter Line. Big systems, like the DC Metro, and even the NYC Subway started small at first. Look where they are today!
- How do I get to Tide Light Rail stations?
- Most stations are served by connecting bus routes. A complete list can be found on RideTheTide.com. Note that as of this writing, all bus schedules listed are existing ones, and are not modified yet for Tide service.
I will be there for opening weekend of course!